The Office of the State Fire Marshal in conjunction with the Home Builders Association Tulare Kings (HBATK) has scheduled the SFM Awareness Level Course on Residential Fire Sprinklers and the 2010 California Residential Code May 11, 2011 in Visalia (download flyer from link below). The purpose of this training program is to:
- Recognize that the requirements for residential fire sprinklers are designed to be a “life safety system” to prevent flash over and allow for the evacuation or rescue from fire
- Develop awareness of the 2010 California Residential Code and the 2010 NFPA 13D (1 and 2 Family Dwellings and Manufactured Homes) and the amendments and/or modifications
- Develop an awareness of the State of California Provisions as defined in the 2010 California Residential Code, Title 24, Part 2.5, and specifically Section R313.
- Develop an awareness of the SFM Residential Fire Sprinkler Task Force Phase I, II, III Recommendations and Final Report. Develop an awareness of the State of California Mandate.
- Develop an awareness of the term, “Best Management Practices” as it relates to the various stakeholders and the Residential Fire Sprinkler Task Force Process
- Develop an awareness of the various stakeholder considerations, training resources and technical terms
Target Audience for Training:
Fire Department/Fire Prevention Personnel (Plan Review, and Inspections) Building Department Personnel (Plan Review, and Inspections) Water Purveyors (Plan Review, and Inspections) Home Builders (HBA Chapters)/Contractors (Plan Preparation, Submittals, and Installation) Contractors: General Building Contractors [B], Fire Protection Contractor [C-16]).
Code Development and Analysis Division
CAL FIRE – Office of the State Fire Marshal
1131 "S" Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
Tel: (916) 327-4998
Fax: (916) 445-8459
Click here to download flyer - 2011-05-11-Visalia